Guns/ Bows & Airline Regulations, Borrowing a Firearm, DUI's and other convictions.
1. For those of our clientele bringing guns into Canada for the purpose of hunting and choosing the airlines as their mode of transportation, please refer to the following web pages for the proper rules and regulations regarding the transportation of guns on airlines. Please note that different carriers may have different rules and regulations. Carriers currently flying into Gander, Newfoundland are listed below.
2. For firearm users bringing guns into Canada please visit the following website:
3. For those wishing to borrow a firearm for the purpose of hunting while participating in a big game hunt please visit the following page. The appropriate aplication is located here in fillable PDF format.
4. To view the 2021-22 Newfoundland Hunting and Trapping Guide please visit the following link:
5. As of September 2020 it is now legal to use a crossbow to hunt big game in Newfoundland. However it can only be used during the regular rifle season and it is prohibited to use during the two week only "Archery Season".
6. When bowhunting In Newfoundland it is prohibited and unlawful:
• To hunt big game with a long bow, recurve bow or compound bow and arrow unless the bow has at least 20 kilograms (44 lbs.) of pull at full draw
• To hunt big game unless the hunting arrows are tipped with a metal hunting head with two or more sharpened cutting edges
• To hunt any wildlife with an arrow tipped with poison or a drug
• To hunt any wildlife with an arrow equipped with barbed or explosive arrowheads
7. Did you ever have a criminal offence or DUI conviction? If yes please visit the following link to the Canadian Immigration Center to ensure your visit into Canada will not be an issue for you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/index.asp